A professionally landscaped lawn is the dream of many homeowners, but alas few of those homeowners feel they can afford the sometimes costly bills that go with hiring a professional landscaper. What they may not realize is that for just the cost of supplies and perhaps some simple instruction, a beautifully landscaped lawn may be something they can achieve all on their own.
What are some of the benefits of landscaping?
Why would you want to do all the work?
- Landscaping not only makes your home more attractive to you, but to potential buyers as well. Landscaping can increase the value of your real estate as much as 20% - without breaking the bank for your investment. Since you are spending less on it, it is more likely to pay for itself in the long run than other major remodeling projects.
- Landscaping adds more than pure material value to your real estate. If you have no plans to sell your home, you can enjoy your own yard more if it has been beautified. Landscaped yards are great for leisure. Solitary home owners, couples and families can get endless use out of a beautiful lawn.
What are some landscaping ideas to get you started?
- Cost saving: Landscaping on your own can save you an incredible amount of money. You can save thousands of dollars by doing your own landscaping projects.
- Landscaping isn't always time-consuming. You can take on exactly the workload you can handle. Some projects are large and take a long time, but other landscaping ideas are small and can be done in a matter of hours or days.
- If you landscape your yard yourself, you are in charge. It's wonderful having a professional, experienced eye, but don't most of us already know more or less what we want in a great lawn?
- If you aren't sure where to begin, there are so many landscaping ideas that can guide you along. All of them can be fully customized to your own preferences, aesthetic values and needs.
- Backyards and side lawns. Back and side yards are a great place to spend private time outdoors by yourself or with your family. There are no limits to the ways you can customize and beautify your yard to enhance your leisure time.
- Front lawns. If you are looking to make a great impression on visitors or especially if you are going to be putting your house up for sale, this can be a real value-enhancer for your property. First impressions on potential buyers matter. The first thing a potential buyer will see is your front lawn. If your front lawn is neat and trimmed, you will create a sense of credibility and care. If your front lawn is original, it will stand out and create a memorable impression later.
- Driveways and garages. Driveways can be altered so that they are both more useful and more visually appealing.
- Gardens. Why not add a garden to your yard? A garden is a handsome addition to any home. It is beautiful to the eye, appealing to your sense of smell, and can even provide you with fresh fruits and vegetables. Consider an organic garden as a beautiful and functional landscaping idea for your property.
- Pools. Swimming pools are a fun landscaping idea and add great value to your property. Especially a great addition for a family!
- Gazebos, hedges, fountains and lakes. These are all striking additions to your lawn that not only are gorgeous to behold, but will make your property stand out in your neighborhood. They create a lasting impression on buyers, and also add an extra dimension of loveliness and a sense of luxury to your property.
As you can see, landscaping ideas are numerous, and once you start thinking about them, more are sure to come. You'd be surprised at how easy some of these ideas actually are. The more you learn about landscaping ideas, the more empowered you'll be to create the landscape you always wanted at a fraction of the price.